Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Sometimes I get a taste for specific types of food and can't get it out of my head. I had a taste for some Mediterranean flavors a while back and wasn't finding anything that sounded good to me. I decided to create my own recipe, over the rest of the day I kept jotting down ingredients to see what might match. That night I looked at what I had jotted down and what I had in the cabinets and this recipe was born! I liked it so much that I have not even tweaked it. Even better this makes about 8 servings for only 5 points plus per serving!


Ingredients

1 lemon, juiced
4 T Olive Oil
1 T Dried Oregano
1 T Dried Rosemary
3 Garlic Cloves, Crushed or Minced
2 lbs Pork Tenderloin
1 Medium Onion, Cut into 1" Pieces
1 Green Pepper, Cut into 1" Pieces
2 T Grated Parmesan
2 T Fresh Parsley, Chopped Finely
1/4 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper
1/3 c Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil, Drained, Dried and Minced
Toothpicks

Directions

  1. Slice the Pork Tenderloin lengthwise but not all the way through.
  2. Combine Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Oregano, Rosemary and Garlic in a plastic bag and mix.
  3. Place Tenderloin, Onions and Peppers into the bag and mix well.
  4. Marinate at least 3 hours.
  5. Open the Pork Tenderloin like a book
  6. Sprinkle Parmesan, Parsley, Salt, Pepper and Sun Dried Tomatoes on surface.
  7. Fold Over Pork and Secure with Toothpicks.
  8. Place Pork on a greased grill over medium-high heat. Place vegetables in a grill basket.
  9. Grill both for about 18 minutes until desired doneness, turning after 10 minutes.
  10. Transfer to a cutting board and let sit for 5 minutes.
  11. Remove Toothpicks, slice and serve.
Marinating the Pork
Filling is Ready
Forgot to take a picture before putting it on the grill.
Grilling the pork and veggies
Ready to slice after removing the toothpicks

No comments:

Post a Comment