Monday, August 5, 2013

Avocado Vodka Burger

This is one of my original recipes that has taken years to perfect but since I am serving it at a party today it is probably time to post it. I love stuffed burgers, I had one for the first time about 5 years ago and that is where this brainstorm started. The topping was a fortunate accident that I have continually refined. It was originally meant to be a side dish that I just made with what I had and it turned into the perfect topping for this burger. I have not taken the time to figure out the points for this burger yet but when I do I will edit this post. I also forgot to take pictures when I was making them so those will have to come later.

Ingredients

1 lb Ground Turkey
1 lb Ground Beef
1/2 Small Onion, Shredded
1 c Vodka Pasta Sauce
1-1/2 c Shredded Mozzarella, Divided
2 Avocados, Diced
1 Small Red Onion, Chopped
3 T Rice Wine Vinegar
2 T Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper to Taste
6 Hamburger Buns

Directions

  1. Preheat Grill to Medium High
  2. Mix Ground Turkey, Ground Beef, Vodka Sauce, White Onion, and 1 c Mozzarella Cheese in a large bowl.
  3. Divide into 12 patties
  4. Create a "crater" in 6 of the patties and fill evenly with 1/2 c Mozzarella Cheese
  5. Place the non-filled patties on top and seal the edges, making sure that the edges are completely closed
  6. Grill to desired doneness.
  7. Mix last 5 ingredients (Avocado, Red Onion, Rice Wine Vinegar, Lemon Juice and Salt and Pepper) in a medium bowl.
  8. Place burgers on buns and top with avocado "salsa"

No comments:

Post a Comment