Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps

I love tacos so when I saw this recipe on Skinny Taste I had to try it! She has found a blend of spices that made me not even miss beef tacos. I changed the type of lettuce because I like Bibb lettuce better than romaine and I added the toppings into the calculations so that nothing is left to the imagination.

Nutritional Information (calculated on myfitnesspal.com): 7 weight watchers points plus. 279 calories, 13g carbs, 7g fat, 42g protein. (2 Tacos equal 1 serving.)

2 tacos per serving! I was full after that.

Ingredients

1-1/3 lbs 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
1 t Garlic Powder
1 t Ground Cumin
1 t Chili Powder
1 t Paprika
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t Dried Oregano
1/2 Small White Onion, Chopped
1/4 c Red Pepper, Chopped
3/4 c Water
4 oz Canned Tomato Sauce
8 Leaves Bibb Lettuce
2 Medium Tomatoes, Chopped
8 T Shredded Reduced Fat Mexican Style Cheese
8 T Fat Free Sour Cream

Directions

  1. Chop Onion, Pepper and Tomato
  2. Brown Turkey in a nonstick pan. When no longer pink add Dry Seasonings and mix well.
  3. Add Onion, Pepper, Water and Tomato Sauce. Stir to mix and cover.
  4. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
  5. While the meat is simmering, wash and dry the Lettuce.
  6. Fill the Lettuce with the meat. Tops with 1/8 of the Tomato, 1 T Cheese and 1 T Sour Cream.
  7. 2 Taco wraps equal 1 serving. Enjoy!
I mixed the spices before adding because I could get
them together before to save time and
eliminate the risk of forgetting one.
Mixing the turkey with the spices

No comments:

Post a Comment