Thursday, October 24, 2013

Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili

I forgot that I left my car in the driveway last night instead of the insulated garage and it was completely frosted over this morning (brrrr!) I wish I had this in the crock pot for dinner tonight instead of a couple weeks ago. It would be great to come home to a nice warm and already made bowl of chili to warm me up. I found this on Skinny Taste a while back and waited for a cold day to make it.


Nutritional Information (calculated on myfitnesspal.com): 6 weight watchers points plus. 262 calories, 21g carbs, 3g fat, 37g protein.

Makes 9 - 1 cup servings!

Ingredients

2 lb 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
1/2 t Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Small White Onion, Chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 t Chili Powder
2 Bay Leaves
2 t Ground Cumin
1 t Oregano
2 (15 oz cans) White Northern Beans, Drained and Rinsed
15 oz can Pumpkin Puree (Make sure it is not pumpkin Pie Filling!)
4.5 oz Can Chopped Green Chilis
2 c Low Sodium, Fat Free Chicken Broth (I use Swanson Unsalted Cooking Stock.)
Salt and Pepper to taste
9 T Fat Free Sour Cream
18 T Fat Free Shredded Cheddar

Directions

  1. Brown Turkey in a nonstick skillet, add to crock pot
  2. Heat Oil in same pan and saute Onions and Garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add Cumin and saute another minute. Add to the Crock Pot
  3. Add Beans, Pumpkin, Chilis, Stock, Chili Powder, Oregano and Bay Leaves to the Crock Pot.
  4. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
  5. Serve topp3ed with 1 T Sour Cream and 2 T Cheese
My Sous Chef inspecting my work :-)
Sauteing the Onions and Garlic
Ready to cook!
Time to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment