Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

I love, love, love  Buffalo Sauce. So when I ran across this recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs on Emily Bites I couldn't pass it up. These meatballs were a great side for my Cheddar Beer Risotto which I will post soon. I am planning on creating a sandwich out of them soon but just wanted to try the flavors first! Makes 12 meatballs at 2 points plus per meatball.

Ingredients

1 lb Ground Chicken Breast (I generally put 1 lb of chicken breasts in the food processor and grind it up.)
1 Medium Carrot (shredded on a box grater.)
1 Medium Stalk of Celery (shredded on a box grater.)
1/2 cup Plain Dried Breadcrumbs
2 Eggs
2 T Skim Milk
1 t Garlic Powder
1/3 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
12 oz bottle of Buffalo Wing Sauce

Directions

  1. Mix all ingredients except wing sauce.
  2. Form 12 equally sized meatballs.
  3. Lightly brown each of the the meatballs.
  4. Transfer to the crock pot and cover with Buffalo Wing Sauce.
  5. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
I served these with a light blue cheese dressing as a sauce (not included in nutritional info.) I plan on making a a sandwich recipe out of these soon.

Nutritional information: 2 weight watchers points plus per meatball. 82 calories, 4g carbs, 3g fat, 11g protein, 1g fiber.


No comments:

Post a Comment