Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Skinny Tzatziki

I have made many different versions of this sauce but most were not very successful. Once I found out the secret was in straining not only the yogurt but also the cucumber this created a nice thick sauce to put on my Chicken Gyro which I will post tomorrow!

Nutritional Information (calculated on myfitnesspal.com): 0 weight watchers points plus. 21 calories, 3g carbs, 0g fat, 3g protein.

8 Servings

Ingredients

8 oz Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1 Small Cucumber
2 Garlic Cloves
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/2 t Dried Dill
1 T Chives, Chopped
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions

  1. Peel and seed the Cucumber.
  2. Grate the Cucumber on the large holes of a box grater.
  3. Place the Yogurt and Cucumber in a coffee filter placed in a strainer, cover and place in the fridge to drain for 4 hours.
  4. Mix Yogurt and Cucumber with Remaining Ingredients and refrigerate for at least an hour.
  5. A tip I learned from my Granny, if you smooth the sauce in the bowl no water will seep out and sit on top. (This also works for sour cream.)
Ready for the fridge
Smoothed out on top.
Doesn't that look Delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment