Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Baked Sweet Potato Cornmeal Fries

I found this recipe on Laaloosh and HAD to try them, I was not disappointed. I served this along side Harissa Eggs In Purgatory for dinner one night and it was fantastic. Plus, the dinner was only 5 points plus total!

Nutritional Information (calculated on myfitnesspal.com): 4 servings, 3 weight watchers points plus. 129 calories, 24g carbs, 2.5g fat, 2.5g protein

Who loves Sweet Potato Fries?!

Ingredients:

  • 2 large Sweet Potatoes, sliced into 1/2" thick sticks (I used my Professional Multi Chopper from Williams Sonoma.)
  • 1/4 c Cornmeal
  • 2 t Olive Oil
  • 1 T Garlic Powder
  • 1 T Onion Powder
  • Salt to taste

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Once the Sweet Potatoes are sliced, Put them in a bowl of cold water stir for a minute and let sit for 10 minutes.
  3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with cooking spray. I used my olive oil mister
  4. Mix fries and Olive Oil in a resealable bag and shake to coat.
  5. Add Cornmeal, Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Salt. Shake to coat.
  6. Spread fries evenly on the prepared parchment paper lined baking sheet trying not to overlap any of the fries.
  7. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until fries are browned and crispy.
I love my Multi Chopper!
Thanks Mom and Dad!
Ready to soak
Before baking
Ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment