Sunday, December 3, 2017

Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing

"It takes four men to dress a salad: a wise man for the salt, a madman for the pepper, 
a miser for the vinegar, and a spendthrift for the oil."
-Anonymous

Have you eve been to a Japanese Steakhouse and had their salad to start? Normally I would not rave about a simple salad but there is something about the dressing that they have that I have never been able to recreate at home. I finally found a recipe that was close and I tweaked it to fit my taste. I forgot to take pictures of it but will make sure to add them the next time I make it. Also this is a really easy recipe, all you do is dump it in the blender.



Nutritional Information (calculated on myfitnesspal.com): 20 servings, 45 calories, 3g carbs, 4g fat, 0g protein

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 C Canola Oil
  • 1/3 C Rice Wine Vinegar
  • 2 Large or 10 Baby Carrots
  • 3 T Peeled and Chopped Ginger
  • 4 T Lime Juice
  • 1-1/2 T Honey
  • 1-1/2 t Sesame Oil
  • 1 t Soy Sauce, more can be added to taste
  • Ground Pepper to Taste

Instructions:

  1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until fully incorporated.
  2. Due to the Carrots and Ginger it will not be completely smooth but the texture is part of the dressing.
  3. Generally this is served on top of a salad of Greens, Cucumber, Tomato, and Carrot Sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment