Saturday, September 13, 2014

Baked Chicken Parmesan

Chicken Parmesan is one of those dishes that is a comfort food for me. I would go to a restaurant everyday and eat it if I could. (Ok, maybe not every day but close.) When I ran across this recipe on Skinnytaste I was a little nervous about making it myself, but hey it is baked so how hard could it be? I am so happy that I tried it because it has become a staple in our meals. Plus even though it is a recipe that fits into a Weight Watchers plan you would never know it. I did change one thing that extends the cooking time by 5 minutes but I think it was worth it.

Nutritional Information (calculated on myfitnesspal.com): 8 servings, 6 weight watchers points plus. 251 calories, 14g carbs, 9.5g fat, 31.5g protein



Ingredients:

  • 8 Chicken Breast Halves
  • 3/4 c Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 2T Olive Oil
  • 3/4 c Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1 c Pasta Sauce
  • 16 oz Pasta (Not factored in the nutritional Information)

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  2. Line a baking sheet with foil and light coat with cooking spray (I use my olive oil mister.)
  3. Mix the Bread Crumbs and Parmesan Cheese in a bowl.
  4. Brush a thin layer of Olive Oil on each Chicken Breast
  5. Dip each Chicken Breast in the Bread Crumb mixture to coat and place on prepared baking sheet.
  6. Bake Chicken for 20 minutes.
  7. Flip the Chicken Breasts and bake for 5 more minutes.
  8. Spoon enough Pasta Sauce over each Chicken Breast  to create a layer that does not fall off the sides and bake for 5 minutes
  9. Top each Chicken Breast with Mozzarella to cover the sauce and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
  10. Serve over pasta or without. Either way enjoy!

These also make for great take and heat lunches!

No comments:

Post a Comment