Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Peas and Onions

When I was making the Chicken Picatta I was looking for a quick and easy side dish to go along with it. I had some frozen peas in the freezers so that is where I started. I found a dish on AllRecipes.com that was super easy and was done before the chicken.



Nutritional Information (calculated on myfitnesspal.com): 3 weight watchers points plus. 110 calories, 13g carbs, 5g fat, 4g protein.

Ingredients

  • 2 T Olive Oil
  • 1 Large Onion, Diced
  • 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
  • 16 oz Frozen Peas
  • 1 T Chicken Stock, Fat Free, Reduced Sodium
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste

Directions

  1. Heat Olive Oil in a skillet
  2. Add Onions and Garlic and brown, about 5 minutes.
  3. Add Frozen Peas and Chicken Stock.
  4. Season with Salt and Pepper
  5. Cover and simmer until  Peas are tender, about 10 minutes.
  6. Enjoy!
Sauteing the Onions and Garlic
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment